|Membership Application Form (English)|
|Membership Application Form (Dari)|
Becoming a Member of ANHDO offers you the opportunity to be part of an international network of farmers, horticulturists and agribusiness professionals, and to get the support of our experts and technical teams to:
- Improve the quality of your products to meet international standards
- Enhance your packaging, processing, storing and sorting systems
- Increase your incomes thanks to the introduction of new and advanced technologies
- Build your business network with the establishment of linkages with potential investors, producers and buyers
- Improve your professional practices and standards and upgrade your capacities
As a Member of ANHDO, you will have access to ANHDO’s national and international experts’ knowledge, activities and programs through:
- Priority registration for ANHDO’s Capacity Building Programs’ activities and training opportunities including participation to workshops, seminars, meetings, etc.
- Priority inclusion of your orchards in projects implemented by ANHDO
- Access to advisory services, such as harvesting support, post-harvesting management, marketing and linking with markets
- Access to all ANHDO publications (study and research reports, catalogues, newsletters, magazines, etc.)
- Presentation of your organization on ANHDO’s website
And in order to meet your evolving needs, you will be part of ANHDO General Assembly to participate to the definition the Organization’s main strategic orientations and help improve the services proposed to our Members.
We have four main categories of Members. You can apply and join ANHDO in only one these categories:
- Individuals with special merits and personal involvement in horticulture such as university professors and experts;
- Non-profit organizations involved in horticulture or in a field relevant to ANHDO’s activities and long-term goals, including NGOs, universities, public research entities, libraries, and Afghan farmers’ organizations such as farmers’ associations and cooperatives;
- Afghan individual commercial farmers;
- Afghan agribusiness companies involved in activities such as: nursery growing, processing, trade, export, input supply, service & technology provision (e.g. quality control private laboratories).
All ANHDO Members are at least 18 years old and contribute to the organization with the payment of an annual membership fee whose amount is decided and approved each year by ANHDO General Assembly (ANHDO 2016-2017 Annual Membership Fees)
Depending on the Membership category you apply for, specific criteria apply:
- Individuals with special merits in horticulture:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to ANHDO’s activities and long-term goals;
- Minimum of 5 years (with a Bachelor’s degree) or 2 years (with a Master’s degree) of professional experience in recognized organizations working in horticulture, marketing, post-harvesting, value chain and other relevant fields;
- Proven record of academic work (such as: publications, lectures, etc.) related to agriculture and horticulture, in a field relevant to ANHDO’s activities and long-term goals.
- Non-profit organizations involved in horticulture and/or agriculture:
- Fully or partially operates in a field relevant to ANHDO’s activities and long-term goals.
- Operational for a minimum of 3 years, with an established portfolio of horticultural services (this criterion does not apply to Afghan farmer’s organizations whose establishment has been supported by ANHDO);
- Officially registered with the Afghan government;
- Compliant with Afghan Government Law and consistent with International Standards for NGOs.
- For Afghan farmers’ organizations only:
- Minimum of one hundred (100) jeribs (20 hectares) of land owned and/or leased collectively, and invested in commercial horticulture;
- Minimum collective annual turnover of ten (10) million AFN per year on a 3-year average.
- Afghan individual commercial farmers:
- Minimum of twenty (20) jeribs (4 hectares) of land owned and / or leased, and invested in commercial horticulture;
- Minimum turnover of one (1) million AFN per year on a 3-year average;
- As ANHDO is strongly willing to promote women’ commercial farmers among its Members, female applicants in this category will not be subjected to these thresholds.
- Afghan agribusiness companies:
- Active business for a minimum of 3 years with an established portfolio of agribusiness services relevant to ANHDO’s activities and long-term goals;
- Officially registered with the relevant Afghan governmental institution;
- Compliant with Afghan Government Law and consistent with International Business practices;
- Minimum turnover of ten (10) million AFN per year on a 3-year average.
How to apply
Complete and submit your application dossier along with all the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the application dossiers will be reviewed by ANHDO membership committee and submitted for approval during our next General Assembly meeting.
|Membership Application Form (English)||Membership Application Form (Dari)|
For more information, please contact: email@example.com or directly call us: +93 (0) 79 549 4115
ANNEX: 2016-2017 ANHDO ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEES
|#||Categories of Members||Annual Membership Fees|
|1||Individuals with special merits in horticulture||1000 AFN|
|2||Non-profit organizations||5000 AFN|
|3||Afghan Individual Commercial farmers||2000 AFN|
|4||Afghan Agribusiness companies||7000 AFN|
|Exemption: Universities, Public Research entities and Libraries are exempted from paying membership fees.|